Engineered-Fit Thermal Insulation Blankets for Heat Reduction and Compliance with Safety Standards
OCTI is a leading provider of custom engineered and designed removable thermal insulation blankets. We use state-of-the-art technology to allow us to marry the best material with the perfect fit to handle the demanding applications our customers require. From soft blankets to rigid metal coverings, we have the ability to produce a high-quality and custom insulation solution for any specialized application.
Whether you are covering exhaust systems for worker safety or a turbo for optimal performance, we will manufacture the perfect blanket solution that meets your specifications and needs.
Our standard lead time is 15 to 20 business days. We are proud to offer the best turn-around time in the industry, and we stand by our commitment to our customers to ship on time. OCTI has the expertise you need to ensure the project is done on-time and on-budget.
Benefits of Our Custom Design and Engineering
- Perfect fit, every time
- Flexibility to insulate any configuration
- Review product prior to production with advanced 3D technology
- Best material choice for the application need
- Collaborate with engineering and design team to meet exacting criteria
- Limitless options for material and insulating capabilities
The Importance of Using Insulation Blankets
Insulation blankets have become increasingly more important in the last several years. With advances in exhaust systems along with a more focused approach to job safety, the need for insulating blankets has never been greater.
Worker safety is the most important component for any employer. Ensuring that exposed piping or exhaust systems where people actively work are covered to prevent burns is critical. Our insulating blankets meet OSHA standards and requirements for worker safety. The blankets are removable so when the system is secured, they can be removed for maintenance and replaced when the system is energized.
REDUCTION IN EMISSIONS
On many modern engines, the exhaust systems play a critical role in operating efficiency. Using insulation blankets to heat exhaust gasses allows for engines to run more efficiently and burn cleaner leading to lower emissions. The blankets can also increase the life of the engine by burning more carbon in the exhaust chamber which creates less build up.
High Temperature Insulation Applications
Thermal insulation blankets are commonly used for:
- Power generator exhaust piping
- Engine exhaust silencers
- Diesel particulate filters (DPF)
- Engine turbo units and cylinder covers
- Marine exhaust and engine room exposed piping
- Refuse truck exhaust systems
- Semi-truck under cab to prevent heat from affecting operators
- City busses to increase A/C performance and fire protection