Engineered Fit Acoustic Solutions to Meet Your Noise Reduction Requirements
Loud machine noise is not only a nuisance but a safety hazard in many industries. Up close in a mechanical space, this noise may be loud enough for personnel to need ear protection to fight against the dangerous decibel levels. OCTI can help reduce these noise levels from the source, allowing personnel to work safely in enclosed spaces for longer periods of time without suffering hearing loss or other side effects.
We can work with you to build custom insulation products specifically designed for your exact machinery, thereby reducing harmful noise and bringing sound at or below recommended noise levels in your machine rooms and nearby workspaces. Let us be your partner in helping to protect your most valued asset, your employees.
Benefits of our Noise Reduction Insulation
- Reduce ambient noise to acceptable levels
- Protect maintenance workers as well as all personnel exposed to high levels of noise
- Meet city, county, or neighborhood noise abatement requirements
- Prevent cross-noise contamination from adjacent spaces
- Work with dedicated designer throughout life of your project
- Great for machinery spaces as well as mobile machinery cab enclosures
- Ideal for noise abatement of large stationary power generation exhaust systems
The Importance of Using Sound Insulation Blankets
Sound regulation plays a very important role when you are working in a mechanical environment. Pumps, motors, engines, exhaust, gears turning, and a myriad of other components contribute to an extremely loud environment. OCTI can work with you to reduce the noise emitted from machinery to create a more comfortable and safe environment.
Team member safety is paramount for any employer. Prolonged exposure to noise levels above 85 dB can permanently damage a person’s hearing. OSHA recommends having a hearing conservation program if workers are exposed to 85 dB or higher for extended periods. OCTI can design a custom blanket that will reduce the noise levels well below the 85 dB level. This noise reduction will not only be a welcome change by workers affected by noise levels but also by management responsible for overseeing the safety and compliance for you organization.
Noise Reduction in the Workplace
Noise reduction in confined spaces is not the only place to look for reductions in sound. Outside areas are prime examples of places to look for reductions in noise levels. Loud equipment located outside like exhaust systems, large generators, air purification systems, and condensers all create unwanted noise. The location of this equipment is subject to noise level limits imposed by local authorities. We can design a system for you that will meet the zoning requirements for your area and help you avoid compliance issues on your next inspection.
Sound Attenuation Applications
Sound insulation blankets are commonly used for:
- Generator Enclosures
- Stationary Diesel Generator Exhaust
- Construction Equipment Engine enclosures
- Building Machinery Rooms Equipment
- Marine exhaust and engine room exposed piping
- Outdoor Power Equipment where there are noise zoning concerns